Let's Shine a Light on road safety from 1-3 May 2015
Road Trauma Support WA is pleased to be part of Shine a Light on Road Safety, a national campaign led by Road Trauma Support Services Victoria with the aim to:
- Raise awareness
- Stop deaths and injuries on our roads
- Raise funds to support those impacted by road trauma.
We would love the WA community to get involved. How? Read on!
- Share the campaign: On Twitter and Facebook
- Hashtag #shinealightonroadsafety
- Download and display the poster in your area (workplace, school or community group)
- Switch on your headlights: during the day on Friday 1 May 2015 switch your headlights on to show your commitment to road safety. That includes our cyclists and pedestrians.
- Enjoy the special yellow lighting shining on Perth iconic buildings: Perth Council House (4-5 May) and Swan Bell Tower (4-10 May).
- Pledge for road safety: right from this moment, pledge to drive, ride and walk safely.
Obey the road laws, be courteous, pay attention, only drive sober, wear seatbelts and/ or helmets, keep vehicles in good repair
- Support our work: Let your family and friends know about Road Trauma Support WA being available and consider making a donation or volunteering
Third United Nations Global Road Safety Week, 4-10 May 2015
2015 Theme: Children and Road Safety: #SaveKidsLives