Join our Peer Support Team
Road Trauma Support WA works with a pool of specially trained volunteers to deliver our Peer Support program.
We are always looking for Peer Support Volunteers to join our team. If you have a lived experience of road trauma and would like to support other people currently affected by road trauma by sharing your personal stories and recovery strategies, we would love to hear from you.
What does “Peer” mean?
A road trauma support peer volunteer is someone living well after a lived experience of road trauma, willing to share their story and recovery strategies with others now affected. You may have:
- been involved in an incident
- known someone injured or killed in a crash
- witnessed or responded to a serious road trauma.
Road trauma can affect any road user –drivers, cyclists, pedestrians, motorcyclists. All of these perspectives could be valuable to someone affected by road trauma.
You will offer practical and emotional support to people currently experiencing road trauma through one of our support roles:
- Leading a Road Trauma Support Group
- One-to-one peer support in person, over the phone or online
- Sharing your story through our Peer Perspectives program
We also welcome volunteers who can provide administration and office support (a previous experience of road trauma is not required for this role).
|Road Trauma Group Faciliator||One-to-One Peer Support Volunteer|
A minimum of between two and four hours a week, dependent on the role, for one year or longer.
- A lived road trauma experience which occurred at least three years ago
- Compassion and empathy
- Willingness to listen to another and share your story in order to help them.
Support for you
Supporting someone currently dealing with the effects of road trauma will be challenging at times. Road Trauma Support WA recognises the value of great Peer Support Volunteers and never takes this for granted.
To assist you in this fulfilling role, we offer:
- Full training to ensure you have the skills and relevant knowledge to be a great volunteer.
- Ongoing support from the Peer Support Co-ordinator and Counselling Team.
Contact Claire Lawrie, Peer Support Co-ordinator:
- phone: (08) 6323 7164 or toll-free: 1300 004 814
- email: Peer Support
Peer Support Volunteer Position Description
Peer Support Volunteer Position Description Attachment
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)